Tuesday, February 23, 2010

2/24/10 Marks One Year Since Jibril's Murder

Bismillah Ar-Rahman, Ar-Rahim (In the name of Allah, The Beneficent, The Merciful).

Nothing can take away the pain of losing my oldest child. Not even the recent birth of my youngest son, Yusuf. Yusuf will never, in this world, know his oldest brother.
Jibril at least met his youngest sister, Jamilah once. Jibril will never hold Yusuf or talk to him or share a joke with him. They will never be pictured together. Yusuf will never know first hand how great and wonderful a human being Jibril was. We are blessed, those of us who knew Jibril. Those of us who shared his life with him. The memories are cherished. Just one year ago today (2/23/10), Jibril was with us he was happy that he got a loan for a house to reside in. It was to be his first house. He was finally going to move out. This would have been quite a feat for a young man of 21. Later that evening he shared this news with his cousin, Michael. Michael would be the last of us, his beloved relatives, to speak with him. A day which ended in triumph would turn to tragedy at the beginning of the following day. Again I must emphasize that Allah (God) has written all that is to take place in the creation of the universe. It was not written for Jibril to go one step further than he did. The pain of his death will never go away, however. We who have survived him must understand why it was written for him not to be here with us. This is hard. As time goes on it will get no easier. I love my surviving children as much as I loved Jibril. I am fortunate and very blessed to have my children. I pray to Allah that I never have to bury another one of my children. He was the "chief" of my children. Everyday I live I miss him more and more.
Please pray for him. Ask Allah (God) to forgive him and shower mercy on him. The Prophet Muhammmad, whose example we follow, lost all of his children in his lifetime except one daughter, Fatima, who died six months after he died. I pray to Allah constantly for Jibril and my surviving children. Please include in your prays that Allah (God) would reveal the killer(s) and the reason why he was killed.

1 comment:

  1. im jibrils cousin michael. today makes a year since my lil brother was takin from me and my family. i cant help but think about the times we shared wit Jibril. he ment the world to me. he was more then a cousin/lil brother to me. he was my best friend. when he was takin from me i felt like part of me was killed wit him. i cant sit and talk with him like i use to or joke on the phone. the person who took jibril from me will have a slow and painful death. i prey that he gets caught everyday of my life for what he has done or he is found so that he can learn what he has done and suffer. Jibril was a good kid and he never deserved what has happened to him. this year i dedicate all my success to Jibril cause now im gonna live for him til my time is up and we meet again I LOVE U JIBIL AND MISS U EVERY DAY BUT I KNOW UR IN A BETTER PLACE SO WATCH OVER US AND KEEP US SAVE. WHEN THE DAY COMES FOR US TO MEET AGAIN WE WILL BE TOGETHER AGAIN R.I.P LIL BRO

    ReplyDelete